Saturday, June 4, 2016

Salt Lake Gaming Con 2016

I had a booth as Comic Con, but the booth was so expensive, I almost made back the cost of being there at all.

Salt Lake Gaming Con was better suited to Paint My Game. Lynell, Melo, and Matt all helped. I get anxious about it because I'm deaf. There's a curtain behind me with a booth behind that. I hear them really well. Often better than the people I'm having a conversation with in front of me. Like Comic Con, I made most of my money from the raffle. I raffled off the dragon. I'll be sure to paint something large for every event I do. These are so much fun! I love seeing the costumes, the bartering, the time with Lynell. The days off work ;) It's an adrenaline rush for me. So many people to talk to! It's easier for me to extrovert from behind a table for some reason.


I'm looking at a Bones miniature and giving these people a quote.
After the event, I had a bunch of paid jobs to work on. The convention is a great way to get work, more than selling pieces, unfortunately. I can't justify a bunch of purchases for the conventions anymore.

Day after, I caught my breath and got the "Con Crud". With so many people and so many germs around, I was what Matt and I call "feeling blah". Not sick enough to stay home from work because you can fake it, but you still don't feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment