Saturday, December 2, 2017

Funny moments & "Isms"

I found a stash of funny moments and "isms". :) Enjoy!
________________________________________
The rapture? That's where all the righteous people are taken up to heaven. If you can still read this tomorrow after 4pm mountain standard time SHAME ON YOU! SINNER!! That or some illogical idiot, who doesn't understand that if you look hard enough you can find patterns in anything, was wrong again.Nah. You're all going to hell. ~May 20, 2011
________________________________________
"Give Santa Clause Thor's hammer, and elves with little tiny Iron Man suits, and we're talking about a new adventure!" ~Matt 11-23-2012
________________________________________
Ordering pizza, Matt makes a quick spreadsheet of the pizza size and cost because "their prices are are a little screwy" so... what do you want? "I want a mathematician to fix their menu and I want it done now!" ~1/18/16

________________________________________
"What if you're feeling something and there's not an emoji for it?" ~Matt 2/10/16
________________________________________


________________________________________

Matt is having pizza for dinner. I'm enjoying my own Whole30 stir fry. As I refill my plate Matt says I can't have any pizza. "No?"

"No. Because I'm a jerk and I support you." ~4/18/16
________________________________________

"If you get nervous around someone, imagine them at home folding socks." ~Matt 5-6-16
________________________________________

When we found a headstone of one of Matt's ancestors in the Salt Lake City Cemetery, Matt decided he'd like his headstone to be a table with a 6:6 domino in the center with the saying "Play some Bones over my bones." ... I'll see what I can do, hon.
________________________________________
________________________________________
Missed my train, so Matt and I went to 7-11 to get sodas... I'm wearing my hearing aid Bluetooth around my neck and the cashier asks what it is. Apparently she thought it was an alert system of some sort to call police or something. Aren't those for old people who fall down and can't get up? #dontknowhowIfeelaboutthis #deaflife
~6-10-16
________________________________________
"If you are against shredded cheese because it goes bad too quickly and ends up wasting food, would you want to make America grate again?" ~Matt 7-20-16
________________________________________
"When Beka tells me "No, you can't shave your head. It's bad enough that you shave your beard!" I'm reminded why I love that woman. She loves me just the way I am... when I'm at my laziest." ~Matt 8-8-16
________________________________________
"If committing a crime while shooting a gun makes you a gunman, wouldn't beating someone with a bat make you a batman?" ~Matt 11-16-16________________________________________
"You know if you said 'Save our city Kryptonian Supergirl!' You said the acronym for S.O.C.K.S.?"  ~Matt 12-6-16________________________________________
QOTD: "Why is it when we're sick we sound like old smokers?" ~Matt 2-10-17
______________________________________
On millennials saying "woke"
It usually means you are hyper-aware of social justice, institutional, or environmental problems. It comes from people saying "wake up" to those who are living in an idealized world. I halfway blame my generation for overusing "wake up". I imagine the first time "woke" was used in that context, the word bra was used in place of bro and someone said that being woke was toats luh-jih cray cray (totally legitimately crazy). We made up crap words too when we were young. I find it strange that as we age, we all tend to act like the previous generation did. It's a cycle, kids make up words, adults call them stupid for using made up words, kid grows up has more kids, repeat. I keep imagining Grandpa Simpson shaking his fist and saying "Darn kids and their new fangled words" whenever someone complains about it. ~Matt 5-23-17
________________________________________
QOTD: "I think Godzilla should wear a shirt that says I'm big in Japan" ~Matt 7-24-17
________________________________________
The Utah game was great. Beka kept asking me the whole game who was saying "sparkles" in a low monotonous voice. During the 3rd quarter we finally figured out that the voice she heard was the announcer and he wasn't saying "Sparkles" he was saying "Spartans". So from now on, any team named The Spartans shall be known as The SPARKLES! ~Matt 9/17/17 #deaflife

No comments:

Post a Comment