Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 7- Thankful for parents

My parents are the best! I love talking with them, laughing with them, working in the garden, decorating for Christmas.... It's wonderful!
My mom and I can stay up all night and talk. About everything. Politics. What we're reading in the scriptures. How that relates to current events. Work. Kids. Frustrations. Everything. I miss it when I go too long without talking to her, and so I feel a pull to either call or stop by.
My dad has a very dry sense of humor. He's hilarious! He loves old things. When he goes to garage sales he usually came back with something rusted to put in the garden. His pride and joy- the garden. I learn so much from watching him care for the yard. One thing in particular- there's nothing quite like eating cherry tomatoes from the garden. Mmmm. Dad loves Christmas too. I still drive around at night to look at how people have decorated for the holidays. My sister and I both decorate early (well, it's early to everyone else, but not to a Hibbert.)
I have another set of parents too! I love being married! My father in law (I call them Mom and Dad too) has chickens now. We're never going to buy eggs at the store again! They can and store... more prepared for a disaster than I am. Mom Shaw taught me how to can too! I'm definitely going to be sure my kids can and enjoy homemade jams and jellies too!
They are such faith driven people! Everything ties together for them as they see God's hand in the lives of their children. I love hearing their stories about Matt's wild days because part of the story is how the Spirit kept them involved. Incredible people! Must be why Matt's so sensitive to the Spirit. He was raised by such spiritually minded parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment