I am thankful to be hearing impaired. Sounds weird, I know. I'm thankful for many reasons.
1- As a child, I wondered often about the Second Coming of Christ. I knew the story of Christ coming to the Americas in the Book of Mormon. He healed the lame, blind, the deaf. He blessed the children. What if I'm not a child when He comes? How will I know I'll get a chance to see Him? Everyone will be there, how can I be sure I'll get a chance to say 'hello.'? Silly, I know, but as a kid, I seriously wondered and worried. I was grateful to be hearing impaired, because I KNEW I'd get a chance to see Him when He returns because He'll heal me then. It was what my testimony relied on for a while.
2- Wearing hearing aids has definitely taught me patience.
3- Frankly, I pity all you hearing people sleeping at night with all the noise. :)
4- Being hearing impaired has kept emergency preparedness in my mind. I dread running out of batteries, which lead to the dread of running out of toilet paper, food, etc.
5-Ever heard the questions 'would you rather be deaf or blind?' I would rather be blind. I'm thankful I live in a time that I can have hearing aids. I cannot imagine my life without music. Having a mother who encouraged me to play the piano has been a great blessing in my life. Playing calms me. It helps me think. I have been able to play for callings and my mission.
I still look forward to the day I'll be healed, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this all I can! :)
What a great post. I love the sincerity! It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete