Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 5 Thanks

Saturday- I am thankful for the snow! Something I got from my Dad I think is the tender mercy and glorious simple pleasure of seeing undisturbed snow. Right after it falls. I didn't know it had snowed, I found out on facebook (lame, I know). "Oh yea, it snowed last night" Matt says when I read it aloud. He was up late doing homework and witnessed the first flakes. I rushed outside and took a deep breath and grew a big smile. This felt like the Hibbert cue of Christmastime. Time to start the music, check the lights, start decorating!
I walked around a bit and decided I had some errands to run so I could get a view of the valley. Matt and I drove up to the trailhead of Ensign Peak and looked at the valley. Gorgeous! White, blue sky, streaks of sunlight going thru the clouds. It was beautiful. Everything in the world was good. There was nothing that could ruin the moment. Heavenly Father is the most astounding artists. Never fails to put His children in awe.
When we got home all the snow in the court had been run through. I don't think there was a flat space of white anywhere. I could've given a sigh, but at the sound of children, I saw two kids dressed in their snow gear going down the snow covered slide. My smile returned. I remember those days. Snow was for playing in, not for looking at. I'm ready for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment