Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 1 Thanks

I must confess I"m borrowing this idea from my sister-in-law. I have wondered how I can make this Thanksgiving different. Listing some things I'm thankful for is the best way to approach the trilogy of holidays. First we think of what we're thankful for. All of it comes from God. Then we honor the birth of the Savior that make it all possible. Then we can start a new year fresh.
This will be my first Thanksgiving as a wife. What better place to start?

Matt. My prince, my husband, my best friend.
We'll have been married 6 months on the 7th. It has gone by really fast. He is my world. I want to be the best wife ever for him. He is the best husband for me!

He calms me when I get frustrated with myself. He says "I love you" a LOT. :) He complements my cooking even when I'm thinking "It's from a box. Took no talent or skill, what are you complementing it for?"

Matt is GREAT with kids. I love watching him play with the nieces and nephews. I can't wait to watch him play with our own kids. The other night we went to Wrides for a quick Halloween stop. Joe, Ethan and Hyrum were jumping on him and playing and it made me smile to see. He's going to be a great dad.

Matt is SO empathetic. I marvel when we go to the hospital and see him interact with the patients. He fills me in when I don't hear enough to give any applicable input. (Happens often.) He prays for them when we get home and he thinks about them long after we've left.

He makes me laugh, he keeps me smiling, he likes to cuddle, and there's never a dull moment.

1 comment: